Thursday, September 1, 2011

Looking Ahead to Fall

Fall is in the air.... despite the fact that it was in the mid-90's here today and with a heat index in the 100's. I've made three different soups/chilis this week. I'm looking through my bin of sweater knits. I'm going to regret this come January!

Anyways, my husband and I are on our way out of town this weekend to celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary. We are both in need of some R&R so we are looking forward to our getaway.

When I return, the first project in my queue is going to be McCalls 6203.

Thrilling, I know. Yes, it's a very basic tunic, really not much to it. The reason I'm working on this next is two-fold. First, I've had this super soft sweater knit (from the greatest store on earth, SR Harris) for more than a year and I really want to wear it this winter, and not just look at it. Second, I'm testing out this pattern, because if it fits the way it appears, then this will be the base for a much, much more exciting new piece in my wardrobe. That's all I'm going to say about that though, for now....

I've got a few other things cut and in my 'ready to sew' pile too. They've been there since June. I hope to get at least one of those sewn up next week too, it's a cute little knock-off top for my daughter who is starting school next week. I hope to write up a tutorial on that as well. We'll see. It's going to be a big next week for us here. The first year I've ever had to think of 'school'. Earlier than expected too so we will all be getting adjusted.

I'm also just loving all the fall items appearing on Pinterest these days and I've been looking around to add some fall inspirations to my boards. These are some of the items I plan to work on after the aforementioned adjusting to our new routines takes place:

Source: gap.com via Annie on Pinterest







(This one is already cut out and ready to be sewn!!)


So, come on Fall. What are you waiting for? (just don't bring Winter in with you any time soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...