Monday, October 3, 2011

So much to sew, so little time…

 

I've been busy over the past week, but without much to show for it.
I've been doing quite a bit of thrifting and have some amazing stuff to upcycle from my finds. I've also been doing a lot of cutting - just not a whole lot of actual sewing. I usually do this though. I love to cut and prep a bunch of projects all at once, then I can just go to it at my machine for a good while.


I am putting my latest Inspired By project on hold for now. It was coming along, and will be great when finished, but I think I might be happier with the end result with a different choice of fabric. Sigh...


On a really positive note, I FINALLY took the time to go through the process of creating a skirt sloper for myself. It was really fun to do and I have a perfect skirt pattern now. This is the tutorial I used to create the sloper, and I'm looking forward to trying my hand at making a pant sloper and a bodice sloper... someday. Right now I'm really excited about my skirt sloper, and I have lots and lots of suiting fabric in my stash that will finally get put to good use now!

Hopefully I’ll find some time to finish a project or two this week and will have something more exciting to post next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...